1. Why are Brick House Vinaigrettes thicker than most other commercial brands of dressings/vinaigrettes? Most commercial brands contain water as the first ingredient or close to the top of the ingredient list by volume. We do not use water as a primary ingredient in our vinaigrettes. Great salads call for spinning the lettuce to remove water and make them crisp, what do you think happens to that wonderful crisp lettuce when you pour water on it in a cheap brand of vinaigrette?
2. Do I need to refrigerate it? Chef Bricker’s Brick House Vinaigrettes can stay in your pantry unopened, but they do need to be refrigerated after opening. Did you know that light, heat and oxygen are the enemies of oils that lead to rancidity? We recommend protecting your vinaigrette from these elements by storing it in the refrigerator when you get home with it unless your pantry is a cool dark place.
3. How long will my Brick House Vinaigrette last? Unopened you could keep it in your pantry for up to one year. After opening we recommend that you store Brick House Vinaigrettes in your refrigerator and use them within four months after opening. But let's be honest...it won't last that long because once you get a taste of how delicious our vinaigrettes are, you'll be finished with the bottle before you know it!
4. What is the best way to use Brick House Vinaigrettes as a marinade? We recommend lightly coating your meat, fish or poultry with the Chef Bricker’s Brick House Vinaigrette of your choice in a zip lock bag in the refrigerator before cooking. Poultry, fish and vegetables only need to be marinated for one to two hours prior cooking where meats may be marinated four to six hours prior cooking. Remember to always store marinating proteins in the refrigerator for food safety, do not leave them out at room temperature.
5. What about the Fat/Calorie content?
The calories in our vinaigrettes come from the healthy fats in the oils we use, which are always our first ingredient. The healthy fats help your body absorb fat-soluble vitamins and minerals in your diet. That means your healthy salad loaded with vitamins and minerals can more easily be absorbed by your body with the help of these healthy fats. Please note that the carbs are low in our vinaigrettes, which means that the calories come from the healthy oils, making them nutrient dense calories.